URETHANE PANEL SECTIONS
The 1-5/8″ thick door panel made of hot-dipped galvanized steel, provides a durable and lasting surface. A urethane core with an R-value of 13.6 and U-value < 0.5 (U-value of core and steel skin) provides optimum insulation, reduces loss of conditioned air and contributes to energy savings. Synthetic panel connectors provide an extremely smooth and quiet door operation.
BUILT-IN LIGHT GRID
The standard light grid is integral with the guide tracks making it less susceptible to damage by passing loads. This system enhances protection of personnel and goods and drastically reduces the likelihood of damage and repair to other parts of the door, saving on maintenance costs.
EXCLUSIVE DURATEC® INSULATED WINDOWS
The Duratec®insulated windows are coated with a special finish which prevents marks and scratches caused by cleaning, and retain clear view after many cleanings. The synthetic double panes provide good thermal insulation while being fully transparent. The Speed-Guardian™ 4000 U door is available with a complete vision panel, designed for the pleasing aesthetic appeal some applications require.
Application / Size Range
- Suitable for exterior or interior applications up to 22’0″ wide x 20’0″ high.
- Full-view option available for doorways up to 16’0″ wide x 16’0″ high.
- 1-5/8″ thick x 10″ high panel sections are made of hot-dipped galvanized steel with a urethane foam core and have an R-value of 13.6. Section joints with intermediate seals create a pinch resistant panel.
- The standard color is RAL 9006 White Aluminum on both the exterior and interior. The exterior surface comes with a Micrograin™ finish, the interior is stucco-textured.
- Comparing R-value and U-value
- R-value refers only to the panel’s resistance against energy loss. U-value is an internationally recognized measurement tool that provides data about the energy flow lost through the total panel construction including the panel, seals, windows, etc. The 4000’s solid sections provide the most efficient U-value available today.
- Optional windows are 7″ high acrylic, doublepane, with vertical reinforcement and black window frames.
- A Duratec® synthetic glazing enables the windows to retain clear view even after many cleanings and with heavy use. The optional complete vision panel has windows running the entire height of the door.
- Opening: Up to 80″ per second.
- Closing: 18″ per second.
- Guide tracks are made of hot-dipped galvanized steel and have an enclosed chain and integral light grid.
- The chain requires no re-tensioning and is resistant to distension.
- Optional low-headroom track configuration available. Consult factory for more information.
- Compact, self-monitoring direct-drive motor has a patented built-in catch system and is maintenance free.
- Unique Smart Start™ HFC1.
- 8’0″ high light grid integral with the guide tracks.
- Emergency opening via hand chain hoist and spring counterbalance.